Skip to main content

Puff!



I was sitting at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore and the Guru appeared on a screen in one of the many Sadhana halls in the campus. The connect was instant and I was all ears. What he said for the next 45 minutes kind of stayed with me for the whole day and is still in my mind, processing itself and getting ready to internalize hopefully.

"You breathe in and you breathe out. One day, you breathe out and you don't breathe in, and you go "Puff". You are out. Its over, finished."
He went on to speak about how much we take our breath for granted, and that we infact mis use it, in a way that we don't use it at all. This was a powerful thought, I had heard about 20 years back at the art of living courses, but once again, another great saint was re inforcing it and was ready to take it all in, once again.

Never ever take anything for granted is what my heart told me, after some time. Yes we do take our breath for granted and do not spend even a second of our time thinking or staying with it, unless you are into serious pranayam and yoga practises. Even then, many forget about the breath and go forcing their body into impossibleness. Sadhguru reminded us that the day you don't breath in is the last day for you, so why the neglect.

This was one of the most profound learning for me at the centre apart from the many experiences I had. I will write about them in my future blogs. For now keep breathing and never take anything for granted. It may vanish in seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origin

Origin

What can I write, that hasn't already been written about,
what can I possibly think that hasn't been thought about.
The origin of thought,
the beauty of creativity,
the moment I think of a new thought, a new idea, the rush,

But, what can I write, that hasn't already been written about,
what can I possibly think that hasn't been thought about.

I pride myself, oh here is an idea!
I shout, oh, eureka,
I run for a notepad, I make notes on the sand even,
I scribble in the wall if i don't find any,

But, what can I write, that hasn't already been written about,
what can I possibly think that hasn't been thought about.

I sit down to pour my thoughts, I visualize how my words would look when i write them down, somewhere I cry over the possibility of the lost beauty once its out, my mind is racing, my mouth is salivating with newer thoughts, with a happy face and hungry hands I start typing, But, what can I write, that hasn't already been written about…

Everything I do!

Different masks

Why is being someone so important?

Itseems there is a mask for each and every profession. It is called names. And seems to be we as a society, love it.

I have heard phrases like, "I sing, therefore I am", "I run, therefore I am."
For me, its, "I breath, therefore i am."

I am a writer, i am a singer, i am an architect, I am a dancer, I am a banker, I am a content developer, I am a scientist. Seems like even an act like running seems to be getting a name, "I am a runner".
Our very identities are locked up in who we became in this world, rather than who we really are, before we became all of those things. Once we manage to latch on to one of the many identities, the many words that the dictionary has about who we are, we seem to forget who we actually are.

If law is what i have studied, am I a lawyer, beyond this there is no identity? I find this the most with doctors, its almost like sainthood. And most doctors i have met, are so attached to their…