Skip to main content

"All set to celebrate independence day, but how free are we really?? Pre-independence the British hit us, today our own ppl are out with moral Dikats spreading equal or more amount of violence.. Yesterday, we sang azadi songs and wantd it badly, todays generation badly thinks, "did we make it large, was it all worth it!!!"..
Corruption, child labour, female foeticide, honour killing, and more... Gandhi now exists in our memories/as statues/on currency notes... but not in our hearts, in our living, we have forgotten there is a Gandhi in all of us.. are we really free of jealousy, of fear, of insecurity, of maliciouness, of manipulation?? are we free spirited,, maybe only when on high spirits!"

Jug suriya (writer and columnist) - aapne mere mooh ki baat cheen li,)
 In an article that appeared in the TOI yesterday, he has reflected the voice of a few if not many in our nation, check it out!! worth a read..
=>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origin

Origin

What can I write, that hasn't already been written about,
what can I possibly think that hasn't been thought about.
The origin of thought,
the beauty of creativity,
the moment I think of a new thought, a new idea, the rush,

But, what can I write, that hasn't already been written about,
what can I possibly think that hasn't been thought about.

I pride myself, oh here is an idea!
I shout, oh, eureka,
I run for a notepad, I make notes on the sand even,
I scribble in the wall if i don't find any,

But, what can I write, that hasn't already been written about,
what can I possibly think that hasn't been thought about.

I sit down to pour my thoughts, I visualize how my words would look when i write them down, somewhere I cry over the possibility of the lost beauty once its out, my mind is racing, my mouth is salivating with newer thoughts, with a happy face and hungry hands I start typing, But, what can I write, that hasn't already been written about…

Everything I do!

Different masks

Why is being someone so important?

Itseems there is a mask for each and every profession. It is called names. And seems to be we as a society, love it.

I have heard phrases like, "I sing, therefore I am", "I run, therefore I am."
For me, its, "I breath, therefore i am."

I am a writer, i am a singer, i am an architect, I am a dancer, I am a banker, I am a content developer, I am a scientist. Seems like even an act like running seems to be getting a name, "I am a runner".
Our very identities are locked up in who we became in this world, rather than who we really are, before we became all of those things. Once we manage to latch on to one of the many identities, the many words that the dictionary has about who we are, we seem to forget who we actually are.

If law is what i have studied, am I a lawyer, beyond this there is no identity? I find this the most with doctors, its almost like sainthood. And most doctors i have met, are so attached to their…