Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Free Flow





When faced with a situation which does not allow us to move in any direction, it is called being stuck. I am sure everyone goes through this. But when it starts and it never ends, then what do you call it?
"Forever stuck?"
The very sound of this word, makes me sad, anxious, agitated, angry and very very low. Because you cant be stuck forever, its not normal. We all make attempts to break the cycle, to do something to get unstuck, but somehow end up going back to usual very soon.
A power packed act here, a ritual there, and a few days of good sun shine, after which we go back into the same cave we usually go to. The stuck cave.

What do I do to unstuck myself?

Well, I walk, i take walking breaks, a lot of them. I wish I could take more and go on long walks. But my countries attitude towards women alone, doesn't really give me the freedom to walk wherever and whenever I want. Especially, freely on the roads, or a lakeside or a park. Anything could happen to you.

Next, I take singing breaks, yes, i sit down on my mat and do some serious 'riyaaz' mostly for half hour or an hour. After which i usually feel good and generous. And loving and all. But again it lasts for a short while only.

Breathing breaks, Yep, i sit down and just breath for a few minutes. I like to use meditation apps. Some of these apps have beautiful voices and people with indepth insights and knowledge on matters close to my heart or for that matter anyones heart. If you have the time explore them. Could be worth your time too.

Stare at the sky and grass breaks.
I just sit like a 'Guggu' (idiot in Kannada) lol, and stare at the sky, and clouds and everything above. Sometimes I get lucky to spot white doves and sometimes actual 'Goobes' (Sparrow- slang word in kannada :D)



Yoga break
I actually like to stretch out on my manduka mat and feel my breath and hear my bones creak. If you close your eyes into the simplest poses it makes a lot of difference. But again, the effects of it may or may not last depending on your environment. Sometimes it takes more than just a stretch, you may even have to try to bend your back completly into a snake pose or a much advanced stand on your head pose. I don't try too hard by the way. I am happy with moving just a little bit.

Poem breaks
I like to write or scribble into my notepad or some app, where no one knows me. Where total strangers read me and leave appreciative notes instead of dead silence of known friends and family. Yeah, this sucks. Sometimes unknown people are better than most people you know, but wait till they know you and the praise will stop right there.
Green breaks
I also spend a lot of time going and meeting my green friends in short intervals. This was my garden before it got a makeover by a nice maali, (Gardener) Greenery gives my heart the solace which it looks for, i don't feel that alone when I am with my plants.


Dance break.
Put on some soft music or bhangra or some exhillerating new age music and move to the beat. This is something i dont do very often these days, maybe I should start all over again.

I write blogs :)

Play the guitar, I hardly learnt a few chords and a few beats. So i like to strum those when I want to feel a flow.

I talk to my parents when its really bad.
I talk to very few people and now its mostly on the messages, so yes as i write this i realise how lonely people are getting or its just me.

What are your breaks? How do you unwind from time to time, what relaxes you and free's you from the anxt?
I would really really love to hear from anyone who writes back..


No comments:

Capernaum